Registration for the school year begins in August.
Please call the office after July 30th to set up an appointment for registration. Review the eligibility criteria below for qualification requirements. We look forward to getting your child registered for prekindergarten.
Eligibility for WISD Prekindergarten
A child must be at least four years of age on or before September 1 of the upcoming school year and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Is educationally disadvantaged (which means the child is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program)
- Is homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- Is presently or has been, in the conservatorship of Department of Family and Protective Service (DPSF) (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.